- One famous movie that is constantly watched by everyone is Hocus Pocus, it might not be a scary movie but it’s a classic from 1993. Every 90’s baby know of this film. It is about children that freed evil witches on accident in the house where they used to live in the house. The kids using a magical cat try and steal the witches’ book of spells to stop them from becoming immortal.
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street is about teens having dream about being tortured by Freddy Krueger and realize that it actually happening once one dies and realize the only way to stay alive is to stay awake.
3. Dead Silence is another great horror movie perfect for Halloween. To find answers about his wife’s death, a man goes back to a creepy town to discover a curse of Mary Shaw and as he finds that it was the cause of his wife’s death, he is threatening his own.
4. The Conjuring is about a family with 5 children, experiencing supernatural things going on around their new house and only for the events to become horrifying, they learn the history of the house.
The movie was set in the 1960’s time period and it reflects on how they had to struggle to find and keep their jobs. It portrayed most of the problems black women or otherwise known as black slaves had as they took care of families and basical raised young white children. As they struggled to look for jobs as men did in the novel Of Mice and Men, they as well traveled to their jobs everyday. The caught buses to get to a different side of town as well as George and Lennie walked to a different town for new job offerings. Men usually travel alone but in this movie women travel at the same time to the same destination all together. Their families were very close and children understood that their mother would have to work as long as the whites wanted to keep them. They struggled to keep their jobs as well as men in this time period because they had to be careful about every decision they made while working such as using the wrong bathroom. As for men they had to watch out for the boss’ daughter law and anything that could progress.
Every wonder why Javier Baez was a piece of the bench at the beginning of the baseball season? I have and still don’t know the answer to that. Although Baez had a bench spot, he really showed the world what he’s bring to the Chicago Cubs team. He is one great second basemen and the world could agree with that. Of course he has a passion for the game, but he also cares for his looks. Women around the world would definitely agree that he is a nice looking baseball player! As for his dream career continues to grow and grow with all the cameras on him, we hope to see his talent help take the Cubs far. Are you supporting the Cubs on their journey this season? Although I am not a cubs fan I still show support for athletes from Chicago Teams, it is the best I can do!
villalobos.j1 Job Shadowing Multimedia
- From my presentation, I learned that I need to make the font larger so everyone can read it easily.
- I felt that i did good on my presentation but I didn’t do a good enough job to get the grade I wanted.
- In my next presentation I can try and talk louder and make more eye contact with the audience.
- I could have worked more effectively when I was given time to work on it in class.
- I wish I would have made the font larger.
- If I could present my presentation again I wouldn’t be as nervous as I was.
- Now that I have reflected on my presentation, I can use what I learned to better prepare myself for my next presentation.
As we all know, the words “High School” can make some younger kids nervous. We all have our thoughts and opinions on how high school is. I know as I was growing up, being the youngest in the family, my sibling’s made me want to find every excuse to not go to school. I was so nervous until the first day of freshmen year arrived.
Throughout my 2 years of high school, I’ve learned that if you do not do your work, you will most likely see a drop in your grade. It’s all about paying attention in class and getting what needs to be done, done. I do wish that I was told about how important studying for test was before coming into high school.
In high school I think it’s important for others to know that some friends that were there for you through everything, may not be there at the end of the year. They and/you will meet new people and you might just find someone that is just as close as you were with your other friends. I definitely learned my lesson from experience.
Also in high school I think it would be great for students to know that after school activities and joining a sport is always good. It will get you active and will help meeting new people. Step out your shell a little! Don’t worry high school isn’t bad, you’ll survive the next 4 years!
- As I interviewed a classmate I felt a little bit weird. I believe that seeing an interview from the employer’s perspective makes me know that I am prepared because now I know what i should work on if I were to actually be at an interview.
- As I was interviewed by a classmate again I felt weird because some classmates of mine, we’ve never spoken to each other. I felt nervous because I felt like I would not know what to say or know how to answer one of the questions they asked.
- I actually feel good about my responses. Although i feel confident with the way i answered, I still feel that i could of answered in a better way than I did. The easiest question from the mock interview was “Why do you think you are suitable for this job?”. The hardest question to answer in my opinion was “What are your short term and long term goals?”. I felt that was the hardest because I struggled trying to reword what I was going to say.
- I would tell someone that is participating in a mock interview is to try and stay serious because it makes it hard for others to take this activity serious.
- If this was a real interview i would do an alright job because I still need to work on my weaknesses of an interview. You should dress presentable either very nice or in boots because it really depends on the job you are being interviewed for.
- I feel like this was a good class activity but i do feel like it would be much better if these interviews were with the teacher because students will be more into the activity and answer questions with confidence.
- Question: What have you learned from your hobbies, interest and outside activities?
Good Answer: I’ve learned that I’m well with working with other, I am a trustworthy worker, and I can get the job done.
Bad Answer: I’ve learned that I can’t work well with other without arguing, I don’t like working under pressure, and I give up after I get frustrated.
Watching seniors present their presentations to an auditorium filled with other students showed how brave they are to get on stage and talk to others. If it were me I definitely would of been really nervous. One presentation that caught my attention and that was interesting was the one about Art Sensory. This presentation caught my eye because I feel that it is wrong for artist’s work to be overlooked all for someone feeling offended and look at the artwork in a way that it shouldn’t have been looked at. I do feel that some artwork may have meanings to them but it’s the artist’s way of expressing it would be more of a problem if someone were to verbally say something. Nothing really confused me about this presentation because I know there is always an opposing side to every story. Positives about this presentation were the presenter was loud, funny, and she knew how to backup her research with even more facts. I am not one to give the best advice to a presenter but just continue the way you have presented, look into the crowd a little more and try to get at least more practice in the night before if you know you won’t have time during school.
A recent trending story that caught my eye was A 16-year-old girl, a Wilmington, Del. High school student, was recently pronounced dead after a bathroom fight broke out. Everyone is talking about this story because it is crazy how one post on social media can cause a death. In everyone’s eyes, fighting over a boy is not worth taking someone’s life. Girls need to realize that the bulling needs to stop, deaths like this one are not acceptable at all in the state of Illinois. I do not know when it will all stop but I sure hope that it ends soon.
There are plenty of popular places to eat in America. One of many places is Buffalo Wild Wings or better known by teens as “Bdubs”. They have great wings enjoy with friends and watch games on the big screens. They also are known for having great deals. The most popular days are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesday being “Traditional Tuesday” and Thursday being “Boneless Thursdays”. On those days wings are for 79 cents a piece. If you have not already been there, you should make plans soon and make a trip to the nearest Buffalo Wild Wing, you’re missing out!
Our performance of Act 1 of the play was about Duke Orsino laying eyes on Lady Olivia and trying to convince her that his love is real. We also acted out the beginning of Viola’s journey of becoming “Cesario”. The two main characters in the Act were Duke Orsino and Lady Olivia. I feel that this was an easy act to to put into a 60-second script because it was the beginning of the play and the readers were gathering important dialogue. The positives about working on this project with my group, we all agreed on what should have been acted out and what should be put into our script. One thing I feel my group could possibly work on his communication like if one isn’t here with the script, we each have our own copy because we had an issue just like that. Preparation for this was the obvious, we all studied our lines and didn’t forget what to do. PRACTICE DOES MAKE PERFECT! My performance was decent, it was definitely out of my comfort zone because I’m very shy to talk in front of the whole class. Given a choice whether to perform in the Little Theater or in the classroom was great because most of us would of loved to be given that option. But for most of us we aren’t actors nor are we very interested in an acting career. But with that being said, it was a great experience.
This poem is basically talking about what was done that MLK was able to change view points from other races. Behind this poem I believe that its purpose was to honor is movement as it always should be. Martin Luther King had a major impact on the what the world is today, there is no more discrimination or at least if their is they are taken care of because many people believe that it is a new time/world to be doing what was done in the past. This poem to me can also say 1,000 words because it a poem meant to speak out for others who can’t speak up for themselves.